CopyWriter (Creative, Full Time)
The Copywriter for Cinder & Sky, Inc. is responsible for writing copy. He/she will work both independently and in collaboration with graphic designers and other people in the company to develop creative ideas for projects and execute the brand voice of the Cinder & Sky, Inc.
- Execute editorial element of projects throughout the entire production cycle; attend all brief kickoffs and creative reviews; and collaborate with design team to ensure timely, accurate, and appropriate finished piece.
- Create and develop concepts that lead to execution of work as well as the management of day-to-day progress and milestones to execute assigned projects.
- Ensure all copy communicates a consistent voice and style.
- Proofread design comps and printer’s proofs for all projects.
- Self-edit and proofread written assets prior to delivery.
- Work independently to anticipate problems before they arise; find solutions and follow up on issues.
- Continually ascertain workflow efficiency and accurate completion of jobs according to timelines.
- Demonstrate agile writing and editing capability to tailor copy to most effectively deliver messages in support of various business/channel needs.
- B.A. In English, journalism, creative writing or related field preferred.
- 2–5 years of professional writing and editing experience, preferably with both digital & printed assets within retail marketing, advertising, and editorial environments.
- Experience in retail, and promotions a strong plus.
- Proven ability writing, editing, and proofing digital assets, printed assets (i.e. catalogs), and other retail marketing vehicles.
- Excellent editing skills with on-the-job proofreading experience.
- Articulate thinker with the ability to take creative direction, react quickly, and interact productively during brainstorming sessions and reviews.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Highly motivated.
- Proficient in Mac platforms, content management systems, and Microsoft Word.
Compensation & Benefits:
You will participate in a compensation program that includes a competitive base salary and performance based bonus opportunities. Cinder & Sky also offers comprehensive health plans, a flexible vacation policy, and more.